Monday, May 6, 2013

Amy is Two

 The other big event for the weekend was Amy's birthday! Friday night Robert came home from work with the decision that he wanted to get a trampoline for the kids. We have been discussing circles around what we could do or get for the kids to be able to play outside more this summer and help keep them entertained while Mommy is taking care of baby brother. When he mentioned a trampoline it just felt right, so we hopped online and found a reasonable one at Sam's Club and made plans for me to go buy it without the kids and Robert would set it up while they napped on Sunday.
 As you can see, it is quite a hit! I am excited to have it and know that it will be a fun thing for all of us to be able to enjoy for a long time. Today we had friends over and they spent nearly all 3 hours outside jumping and playing. We just need to get five more tires with rims to put on the other legs of the tramp to keep it from flying away when we have the wind storms of over 50 MPH microbursts!!
 This was hilarious - we were trying to get a picture of Liliana and the kids for her to put in a frame in her room so she has something to look at and make her smile. Amy had her own idea of how to smile and pose for a nice picture!
 But eventually we got her to sit up and smile nice!! These kids just love "A-la"!!
 And then we had the big party. I wasn't in charge of the camera, so there was really only this one that I liked from when we did presents. Mommy totally spaced bags or wrapping paper, so Sam and the Potter kids got to take turns bringing out Amy's presents from their hiding spot in Mommy's room. Oh well! Amy has really been in to Hello Kitty lately and with prepping for little guy to arrive, I realized how lacking we were in the girly stuff department. So her birthday presents mainly comprised getting our stash of girly bubbles, band-aids, stickers, coloring books, etc. And a bike helmet small enough for her head. She has felt so left out when Sam rides his bike with a helmet! But the best gift of all came from someone else (doesn't it always?) - Liliana bought her a baby doll complete with a binky, bottle, sippy cup, and mini teddy bear. She has been loving on that thing so much!! And she was so excited when she saw that her birthday card from Oma and Opa turned into a princess crown - it has been on and off all day!
 A picture of the cake. I had made a green "2" with dark pink and white polka dots, but I made an amateur mistake and it melted, so we used the back up generic Walmart birthday candle. Oh well. This was a design one of my friends had done before, so I can't take credit for the idea, but I do love how it turned out!! I felt like the colors really complimented Amy's personality and Sam helped me pick it out weeks ago, so there you go!
 Sam helping Amy blow out her candle because she was unsure of what to do :)
The inside of the cake I CAN take credit for, somewhat. I had seen the idea on Pinterest a long time ago and thought it would go perfectly with the outside design. I admit, I probably had a little too much fun plotting out this cake, but isn't that what kids' birthdays are for? The top layer was white cake with chocolate fudge filling and the bottom was white cake with strawberry raspberry jam as the filling and vanilla frosting around the outside. A fun day to remember our little Amy gal! I don't know where else this would fit, but one thing that was fun for Amy was that everyone at church knew it was her birthday, so she got some extra special attention from those outside our family. The nursery leaders told me she wore a princess crown all throughout nursery - that's my girl!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad she had a good birthday! That cake is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya for the trampoline. It'll be your life saver this summer. Happy Birthday little Amy!

    ReplyDelete