Friday, April 26, 2013

We are a Go!

 So here are pictures from Sam's accident finally. The two teeth that came out first. The lower one is the one I had to pull and if you look on the top side, there is a red spot. That is some sort of root growing out the side of the tooth and what was hanging on for dear life. The rest was completely broken.
 This is the picture we took after Mom's pulling. That other big tooth ended up being pulled by the dentist because it was moving and causing little man alot of pain. Oh the adventures with kids!
 And a random picture of Amy I found on the camera. These days her hair is long enough on top that we have to put it up somehow everyday or else she looks like a shaggy dog with her hair in her eyes. It's hard to accept that she will be two in a little over a week!
 And then I guess Robert took the camera to work one day because I found a bunch of pictures of his equipment on the farm. So here is a quick look at the machinery he uses every day.
 This week has been kind of a tough one because Lala (Liliana) is now gone and Daddy has been working the really late hours every day. Just adjusting back to a new normal, I guess.
And on to the reason for the title of this post. Yesterday I met with the OB/GYN that supervises my nurse midwife. It was a rough go of it, but the midwife called me this morning to let me know that he and the other doctors in the practice have agreed to what is called a trial of labor after cesearean (TOLAC). This means as long as everything continues to go smooth and routine, I will be allowed to go in to labor on my own and try for a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesearean). I am so very excited to get this news, especially with how unsupportive the doc was yesterday at the appointment. I can continue to alternate my appointments between the OB's and my midwife and my midwife will be able to be with me when I am laboring at the hospital, but the OB will be the one to deliver, or "catch", the baby. This makes me feel very comfortable with trying for a VBAC even after 2 C-sections because the midwife is trained to recognize early signs of complications and she will be there IN the hospital the entire time, unlike most OB's who rely on the nurses to monitor and let them know if things are not going well. The understanding is if anything goes amiss it is straight to the OR for a C-section, which I am ok with. I just really wanted the option to try is all. So we are a go!

Today we went up to Rexburg and surprised Liliana at her apartment. Thankfully she was there and not studying at the library. That would have been pretty disruptive to try and find her while toting around two little kids. We got some lunch and played at the park in the sunshine and enjoyed catching up with her and how her first week of classes went and how her roommates are. I think she was a bit overwhelmed at first, but will adjust quickly. She is already fitting in to the BYU-Idaho scene with a study date this afternoon with a guy and asked out on a date for tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! You are one brave Mom to pull that tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your past few weeks have sounded So, so tough. You are awesome. I love, love Robert's big farmer shadow next to his RED one.

    ReplyDelete