Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Foolish Day

So yesterday as you all know was April Fools Day. Last year I really got in to the spirit and played tricks on Robert and then a few funny, harmless jokes on the kids. This year Sam really wanted to trick Robert. He calls it "Foolish Day" and was really looking forward to what we had planned for Daddy when he got home that night! The two tricks he wanted to play on Robert were #1: tape the light switch down (I had played this one on him last year and he couldn't stop laughing......once he figured out the joke :)) and #2: He wanted to make this glitter spider to leave on Daddy's bed to scare him when he went to bed that night. That kid laughed so dang hard even though neither one really "tricked" Robert, but he had alot of fun trying. :)

And apparently I am in big trouble for forgetting give an update on Skousen baby #4, so here we go. Tomorrow we are 27 weeks along. Baby kicks lots during the day, definitely a boy this one. Mommy is doing fairly well, although there has been alot of nerve pain which is a normal part of each pregnancy, but seems to start sooner each time. Bleck! As of right now the doctors have told me it is too risky to do a VBAC after 2 C-sections and want to do a scheduled C-section the last week of June, at 39 weeks. I am hoping to speak to the OB/GYN at my next appointment and really push him to tell me why I can't try for a VBAC, because that is really what I want. I have a friend who is studying to become a doula (spelling?) and has asked if she could be a part of my pregnancy and birth, which is kinda cool. I had never considered a doula before because I have a good support system (husband, friends, family, etc). But it has been cool because she and I have been able to speak "nurse" and she has given me some good ideas of how to approach the OB about doing a VBAC and hopefully I can get his side of the story. (Explanation: I switched dr's and am seeing a nurse midwife who is excellent and has tons of experience, but because I am VBAC and she is not licensed to do surgery, she has to consult with the OB/GYN in the office and he is the one who says no) No belly pictures yet; apparently I don't even look pregnant to some people, but believe me, I feel that thing sticking way out and getting in the way majorly when I try to bend over :)

1 comment:

  1. First of all - I forgive you now that you've given an update! :) Second - I am SO SO Excited for you to have a doula!! I'm gonna have one too :D When I have kiddos... whenever that is. Ahem. Love the updates and the "foolish day" ideas!!

    ReplyDelete